NEWCASTLE PSYCHOLOGIST AND COUNSELLING
Private Talking Therapy, CBT, and Counselling for Adults and Young People in Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle Psychologist & Counselling offer a dedicated talking therapies and counselling service in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Our team consists of the best Psychologists, Therapists & Counsellors in Newcastle offering a range of specialist psychological services, including Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and other approaches, to help you overcome problems with depression, anxiety (including worry, trauma, and OCD), anger management issues, relationship difficulties, and sleep disorders.
Face-to-Face and online sessions available. Click the Contact Us button below to send us a message or to book an appointment.
Our team of psychologists, counsellors and psychotherapists in Newcastle offer a range of proven talking therapies to help a wide range of problems and issues, such as depression, anxiety, sleep trouble, trauma, stress, anger management, and even physical pain.
Working with our trained and experienced psychologists, counsellors and psychotherapists, we will help you find the most suitable approach, and ensure that we provide the best psychologist, counsellor or therapist for your problem and situation.
Our Newcastle counsellors can help you deal with work problems, trouble with bereavement or loss, difficulties at home or in your relationship, as well as any other situational difficulties you might be facing. By talking through your problem and supporting you, our counsellors can help you gain control of your feelings and emotions.
Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
CBT Is a talking therapy that focusses on how challenging negative thoughts and unhelpful behaviours can improve the way you feel. Our Psychologists and CBT Therapists can help you stop negative thinking and break bad habits by giving you strategies to help you deal with problems in a more rational way and to overcome negative thinking.
Couples Counselling & Family Therapy
Both couples counselling and family therapy involve working with more than one person in the room to improve the overall quality of your relationships or atmosphere in the home. This might involve helping you overcome conflict, deal with anger better, or build closer, warmer, more caring relationships (particularly if there have been problems in the past).
Hypnotherapy focuses on relaxing and engaging the unconscious mind with more helpful ways of thinking to change behaviour and develop new ways of dealing with issues. By changing the way you think and habitually respond to situations you can begin to deal with problems such as phobias, bad habits, and confidence problems in a more helpful way.
Our Newcastle psychotherapy services offer a range of therapies including Cognitive Analytical Therapy (CAT), Solution-Focused Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR) which look at improving the way you feel and dealing with your emotions through different ways.
Our team of child psychologists and counsellors in Newcastle can help your son or daughter to overcome whatever problems they may be facing. Using proven talking therapies, including Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy for Children (CBT), play therapy and specific child counselling approaches can help your child to overcome their difficulties.
eg. Depression, Low Mood, Low Self-Esteem, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). (More Information)
eg. Anxiety, Worry, Panic Attacks, Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Health Anxiety. (More Information)
eg. Frustration, Irritability, Angry Outbursts, Verbal & Physical Anger. (More Information)
e.g. Work Stress, Difficulty Coping, Tension, Chronic & Physical Pain. (More Information)
e.g. Trauma, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Accidents, Assault, Physical & Sexual Abuse, Near Death Experiences. (More Information)
e.g. Intrusive Images & Thoughts, Perfectionism, Repetitive Behaviour, Repeated Checking, Compulsions. (More Information)
eg. Flying Phobia, Social Anxiety (Shyness), Dogs & Animal Phobia
eg. Low Self-Esteem, Low Self Confidence, Body Image Issues, Self-Criticism, Negative Self-Talk. (More Information)
eg. Affairs & Jealousy, Separation/Divorce, Marriage Guidance, Relationship Therapy, Couples Counselling (More Information)
eg. Childhood Anger, Low Self-Esteem, Problems with Making Friends, Bullying, School Refusal, Family Counselling. (More Information)
eg. Reduced Sex Drive, Erectile Dysfunction, Sex Addiction, Difficulties with Intimacy, Sexual Problems. (More Information)
As well as face-to-face therapy and counselling in Jesmond & Gosforth in Newcastle upon Tyne and Durham, we offer home visits and online therapy via Skype, Zoom, Facetime and WhatsApp Video.
Appointments and Fees
Services Provided by Dr Stuart Sadler, Chartered Clinical Psychologist, & our Associate Clinical Psychologists:
- Individual Therapy (Adults) – £100-£110/session (Daytime & Evenings);
- Child Psychology & Therapy – £120/session (Daytime & Evenings);
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia & Sleep Problems (CBT-I) – £100-£110/ session (Daytime & Evenings);
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR) – £100 (60 minutes), £150 (90 minutes) (Daytime & Evenings);
- Family Therapy – £110/session (Daytime & Evenings);
- Online Therapy (Skype, Facetime, WhatsApp Video, Zoom) – £110/session (Daytime & Evenings);
Evening appointments after 8pm and Saturday/Sunday appointments are also available on request
Services Provided by Associate Therapists & Counsellors:
- Adult Counselling – Louise Keyes / Nick Merry / Peter Robinson-Vernon / Nicola Nessworthy / Kate Kingsford (Specialist Counsellors) – £60/session (Daytime, Evening & Weekends)
- Adult Hypnotherapy – Dee Smith (Specialist Hypnotherapists & Counsellors) – £90/session (Daytime & Evenings)
- Children, Teenage & Adolescent Counselling – Peter Robinson-Vernon / Margot Hardman / Jane Miller (Child & Adolescent Counsellors) – £70/session (Daytime, Evening & Weekends)
- Child & Family Support – Dr Marie Robinson / Dr Rachel Tyler (Child & Adolescent Psychologists); Lisa Blaney (Family Therapist) – £110 (Daytime & Evening)
- Marriage Guidance, Relationship & Couples Counselling – Graeme Armstrong / Liz Bidnell / Scott Staniforth / Lisa Blaney (Specialist Relationship Counsellors) – £70-£85/session (Daytime, Evening & Weekends)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – Clinical Psychologists – £110/session; Zain Kazi (Specialist CBT Therapist) – £70/session (Daytime & Evenings)
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) – Vanessa Black (CAT Therapist) – £70/session (Daytime & Evenings)
If you would like further information regarding therapy (including CBT, EMDR, ACT or any of our other approaches), or counselling in Newcastle, please complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible:
How To Find Our Gosforth Clinic
Newcastle Psychologist & Counselling, Dobson House, Regent Centre, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3PF
Fleming Business Centre, Burdon Terrace, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 3AE.