Trauma and PTSD Counselling and Therapy in Newcastle
Helping you to: Manage Stress - Overcome Depression, Anxiety and Panic - Deal with Trauma and Past Issues - Overcome Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Stop Worrying - Improve Relationships - Sleep Better - Overcome Fears and Phobias
Trauma Counselling in Newcastle
Traumatic experiences are situations that are frightening, overwhelming, and difficult or out of our control.
If ignored or covered up, deeper problems can occur later on. This can occur especially with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
It is therefore important to get the right help at the right time.
Therapy and counselling for trauma or PTSD with our Specialist Trauma Psychologist and Counsellors at Newcastle Psychologist & Counselling can help you overcome your trauma and get back to regular functioning.
Counselling for Trauma
Trauma-focused counselling and getting the right therapy for trauma can help you overcome problems related to:
- Physical, emotional & sexual abuse
- Physical or sexual assault
- Traumatic accidents
- Military conflicts
Symptoms of trauma and PTSD can be different for everyone though often include:
- Feeling anxious, guilty or angry even though the event has passed
- Having vivid memories, flashbacks or nightmares about the event
- Feeling emotionally numb or disconnected at times
- Feeling irritable but not knowing why
- Feeling out of control of your mood
- Have problems with sleeping (such as insomnia, waking up early or fear of going to sleep)
- Experiencing panic attacks or keeping busy to cope
- Avoiding certain places and reminders of the event
- Feel constantly “on guard” or worrying about it happening again
- Using drugs, substances or alcohol to cope with the trauma
Therapy and CBT for Trauma in Newcastle
Our team of Specialist Trauma Counsellors, Psychologists & Psychotherapists at Newcastle Psychologist & Counselling are experienced in a range of therapies proven to help trauma and PTSD, including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Trauma (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Counselling & Emotional Support
Dr Stuart Sadler (Chartered Psychologist) and his team are skilled at integrating a range of techniques into your therapy to provide the best therapy for you.
You can choose to have your appointments one-to-one, with a partner or even with family to help you in the best way possible.
Taking the First Step to Overcome Trauma and PTSD
If you have experienced trauma, our team at Newcastle Psychologist & Counselling are able to help by providing proven therapies such as Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy for Trauma and EMDR for trauma to help you overcome your difficulties.
Call us now on 07966 645198 or send us a message below if you have experienced trauma or PTSD and want to seek help.
Dr Stuart Sadler
Newcastle Psychologist & Counselling
Contact Dr Stuart Sadler (Chartered Clinical Psychologist) about Trauma Counselling Newcastle
Send us a message using the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible:
How To Find Our Gosforth Clinic
Newcastle Psychologist & Counselling, Dobson House, Regent Centre, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3PF
How To Find Our Jesmond Clinic
Fleming Business Centre, Burdon Terrace, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 3AE.