Eating Disorder Therapy in Newcastle
Eating Disorder Therapy Newcastle
Eating disorders, such as Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating, Purging, and Body Dysmorphia, can have significant effects on an individual’s physical and emotional wellbeing.
At Newcastle Psychologist & Counselling, we offer specialised eating disorder counselling in Newcastle to help you or your loved one embark on the path to healing and recovery.
Our Specialist Eating Disoder Counsellors can provide a place to talk about your challenges with food, and help you in overcoming your difficulties with eating in a supportive and non-judgemental setting, while also working with you on any other difficulties that might be present with your eating distress.
Types of Eating Disorders
Having a negative self-perception, low self-esteem, and dissatisfaction with one’s body can be common factors in all types of eating disorders:
- Characterised by food restriction and a distorted body image, anorexia can lead to individuals having an intense fear of gaining weight, leading to low body weight and a range of health complications.
- Binge eating involves consuming large amounts of food in a short time, often accompanied by feelings of guilt or shame.
- People with bulimia often engage in episodes of overeating followed by purging behaviours, as a way to control their weight.
- Body Dysmorphia involves an obsession with perceived flaws in appearance, often leading to severe anxiety and distress.
Whatever eating difficulty you or your loved one is struggling with, our counsellors at Newcastle Psychologist & Counselling provide specialised eating disorder therapy in Newcastle, helping individuals to manage symptoms, return to a healthy weight, and maintain their physical and mental health.
Eating Disorder Therapies Newcastle
Accessing therapy for eating disorders is a vital step towards recovery and healing. Our eating disorder counselling and therapy services in Newcastle can help you or your loved one to:
- Normalise eating patterns and achieve a healthy weight
- Identify the underlying factors triggering eating disorder behaviours
- Exchange unhealthy habits (such as binging or purging) for healthy ones
- Understand how to monitor eating and how this connects to our moods
- Learn healthy ways to cope with stressful situations
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Improve relationships with others.
Overcoming Eating Disorders
At Newcastle Psychologist & Counselling, our Specialist Eating Disorder Counsellors can provide the tools and support needed to help individuals to take control of their eating disorder.
Whether you or your loved one is struggling with Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating, Purging, Body Dysmorphia, or poor self-image, we can support you to embrace a life of balance, self-acceptance, and improved wellbeing.
Take the First Step to Control Your Eating Disorder
Our team of psychologists, counsellors and therapists for eating disorders in Newcastle use Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), as well as elements of Solution-Focused Therapy, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), in order to help individuals.
Appointments can be individual, with partners or with family to suit your needs. We also offer online therapy via Skype, Zoom and WhatsApp Video for those unable to make it to our clinics in Newcastle.
Contact us today using the message box below, or get in touch with our experienced team on 07966645198.
Dr Stuart Sadler
Newcastle Psychologist & Counselling
Contact us about Eating Disorder Therapy
If you would like further information about how we can help, complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible:
How To Find Our Gosforth Clinic
Newcastle Psychologist & Counselling, Dobson House, Regent Centre, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3PF
How To Find Our Jesmond Clinic
Fleming Business Centre, Burdon Terrace, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 3AE.