Counselling is often thought of as being suitable for people who are suffering from complex difficulties such as depression, anxiety, or trauma but actually, counselling can be a useful tool for people without such problems and can actually help people experiencing temporary difficulty.
As well as seeing those with ongoing difficulties, our counselling services in Newcastle often support and help people work through temporary or past stressful events such as going through a divorce, work stress, coping with physical health problems, overcoming grief and bereavement, or working through difficult past experiences such as childhood or sexual/physical abuse.
Counselling is a personal choice for many and isn’t just reserved for those with ongoing mental health problems or difficulties with coping.
Could I Benefit?
Rather than seeing counselling as something you need to do because you’re experiencing severe negativity, asking yourself if you can benefit is a better way to frame the question. The most common reasons we see people using our counselling services in Newcastle are:
- Something has been troubling you for a long period of time and you are having difficulty finding a solution.
- Things are getting on top of you and affecting your wellbeing.
- You find it hard to talk to friends or family about your issues and want someone to help you.
- Issues from the past are impacting your day-to-day life.
- Things that are troubling you are impacting your work or relationships.
If any of these relate to you, then you could benefit from booking a counselling consultation to see if one of our counsellors can help.
How Can Counselling Help?
Our counselling services in Newcastle aim to help people to reflect and make sense of the difficulties they are experiencing. This might be related to things going on at present, exploring the past or any worries about the future and how you can move forwards from it.
The key benefits of counselling include:
- Talking to someone outside of your situation can help you to see new perspectives from an outside and unbiased source.
- Trained counsellors are skilled at listening and can help you work through upsetting thoughts and feelings.
- Gaining a better understanding of yourself and what you need to do to move forwards.
- Feeling safe and supported in a therapeutic and non-judgemental relationship
- Sharing your worries and getting outside support that has YOUR best interests at heart.
If you are still unsure as to whether or not you could benefit from counselling services in Newcastle, contact us using the box below or call us on 07966 645198 to book an initial consultation with us today and we can discuss the best options for you.