Podcast Interview – Psychology to Improve Sports Performance
Dr Stuart Sadler (Lead Clinical Psychologist) at Newcastle Psychologist & Counselling discusses with Trevor Jones (Performance Psychology Podcast) how psychology, positive mental health, and good sleep can help improve your sports performance.
Click below to watch:
Areas we cover:
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) & Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT) in sport
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) in athletes
- Self-sabotage and activating the soothing system in sports
- Staying into the present moment
- Russ Harris’ ACE model for Grounding
- Perfectionism and values in sports performance
- The role of sleep, and how to sleep better, before game day
- Building a good sleep routine for athletes
For More Information
If your mental performance or mental health is holding you back, whether in sport, at work, or in day to day life, contact us using the box below or call us on 07966 645 198 to see if we can help.